Every car requires routine maintenance to remain in good functioning order, especially in India with its rough roads and heavy traffic. Periodic car maintenance will ensure a safe and comfortable driving experience every time you take your car out of the garage. Sadly, routine automobile maintenance can be a challenging and expensive task. A simple solution that will keep your car running smoothly for a long time is basic car maintenance that you can perform with little to no knowledge of the vehicle’s complex working system.
Basic maintenance tips will also keep you aware of any issues that might occur while you’re on the road and help you address them accordingly. Moreover, regular maintenance will also help reduce the wear and tear of your car components and extend its life expectancy.
Follow these simple tips to keep your vehicle in top-condition:
1. Read the owner’s manual: First and foremost, go through the owner’s manual that comes with every car. It will help you learn more about your own vehicle and provide you with additional information such as service intervals, oil change intervals and some basic trouble-shooters. Many of your car problems can be solved simply by checking the owner’s manual. Also, don’t worry if you have lost or misplaced the owner’s manual, you can easily find them online on the car manufacturer’s website.
2. Inspect your battery: No vehicle will start without its battery. Fortunately, car batteries are very simple to maintain, as you only need to inspect the battery terminals for damage or rusting every now and then. It is also recommended that you drive the car at least three or four times per week if you do not intend to use it for a long time. This will keep the battery up and running when you need it. Also, cleaning the battery on a regular basis will extend its life expectancy.
3. Replace the wipers: Windshield wipers need to be replaced whenever they make noise, skip, leave streaks on your windshield, or fail to remove rain and snow adequately. It is recommended that windshield wiper blades be replaced every 6-12 months since malfunctioning wipers reduce visibility and lead to hazardous driving conditions. It is also pretty simple to change the windshield wipers on your own. Simply follow the instructions from your owner’s manual or from the back of the wiper blade packaging.
4. Inspect the car lights and indicators: Every car must have lights and indicators that are working properly in order to ensure clear visibility and a safe driving condition. One of the most crucial things to examine are your vehicle’s headlights and if for some reason they start to gradually fade or flicker try doing a thorough cleaning. All the bulbs, reflectors and glass casing must be cleaned properly especially if they have accumulated any dust or deposits. It is also important to ensure that the hazard lights and indicator lights of your car are in proper working condition.
5. Wash and wax the car: One of the simplest car maintenance tips is to wash and wax your vehicle on a regular basis. This will protect the exterior of your car and keep it looking new and beautiful. It’s generally recommended to wash your car every 2-4 weeks and then wax it every six months. It will help keep the paint in good condition and reduce the risk of rust. In addition to that various environmental factors like ozone and UV radiation as well as the accumulation of dust and sand can cause microscopic damage to your automobile. Simply washing and waxing your vehicle will help minimise such issues by establishing a protective seal which will also extend your car’s paint life.
These simple tips will help you keep your car running smoothly for a long time. It will also help you keep your maintenance costs down. However, if you don’t have the time to follow these routine maintenance tips, you can simply book a service appointment with Ring Road Škoda and we will take care of it for you.
Enjoy free pick and drop off services simply by contacting us at +91-9289109525 or +91-9289109545 for Haryana and +91-9289109553 for New Delhi.